If you’ve been around Harvest lately, you know our family is growing. A lot. We’ve outgrown our cozy little home! Our goal has always been to provide Biblically based teachings and resources that equip the church and encourage the believer. We desire that Harvest would be well-equipped, cared for, and encouraged in their lives to live out their calling. As we grow, you can really help us with this.
You also, as living stones, are being built up into a spiritual house
– 1 Peter 2:5
We understand that our church is not a building….YOU are the church. Our vision for a bigger space is to support the body of Christ and His vision for ministry, through you, in a more functional space. We believe the Lord has something for every member of the congregation in that place.
UPDATE: HEADWATERS CHURCH FACILITY ON WALLEN ROAD
- We will be hosting a church wide congregational meeting at Harvest on Sunday March 28th at 6pm. Come out or stream to learn more about the vision from the elders and what the building and finance team have been researching and working on. You can stream on our website, Facebook, or YouTube.
- We have a survey available and would greatly value your input and thoughts concerning the building. You can fill it out here.
- Prior to the state-wide stay-at-home mandates due to the CoVid-19 outbreak, we had initiated a dialogue with Headwaters Church concerning our interest in their facility on Wallen Road. A decision has been made not to submit a Letter of Intent at this time. We will hold off on moving forward with this option until we emerge from this pandemic season. This does not mean, that the Harvest building expansion efforts have ceased, it simply means that the process with Headwaters Church is on hold.
- This being said, the Building Committee has been tasked by the Elder Board to continue their efforts to investigate options for Harvest.
- The Lord may lead us to once again pursue the Wallen facility or we may be compelled to move in another direction. In any case, we know a down payment will be needed. We are aiming on a downpayment of $1 million dollars. We have approximately $$450,792.59 in hand already. The more we have in hand when we move forward with the purchase of Wallen or any other option, it is less that we will need to borrow.
- If we were to average out the down payment across the number of individuals and families who support Harvest financially, it would mean each giver would contribute about $2,300.
- We recognize that some of you might not be able to match that amount, while there are others who the Lord might impress upon you to give more than that amount.
- Please visit the donation box at the back of the sanctuary or you can give online here.
We invite you to pray about what the Lord would have you do in regards to this opportunity.
Our Short Term Goal
Our Status – As of 05.04.2021